[Koha-devel] Rolling DB upgrades

dcook at prosentient.com.au dcook at prosentient.com.au
Tue Mar 2 23:47:00 CET 2021

I am also skeptical.

It seems to me that we would have to train every developer on how to write their Perl code and database changes to work with this conceptual model.

That being said, I am intrigued. I hate downtime as much as the next person.

But how do you propose that the Koha community (and not just your organisation) would make this work? At the moment, the Koha community releases new versions once every month. Some libraries pick those upgrades up automatically, some have sysadmins initiate upgrades, etc. I think we have to assume that no human intervention is a requirement for Koha. So I'm not sure how a 2-step upgrade would work for libraries without sysadmins who were specifically knowledgeable about Koha.

Happy to hear more though.

David Cook
Software Engineer
Prosentient Systems