[Koha-devel] Adding recent (current/past year) statistics to the items table

Michael Hafen (TECH) michael.hafen at washk12.org
Fri Apr 22 21:32:33 CEST 2022

I have schools using Koha here, and those are reports that my schools asked
for.  I built reports for them, but Guided Reports could probably take care
of them too.

On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 12:52 PM Nick Clemens <nick at bywatersolutions.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We have had several requests recently for an easy way to access
> current/last year's circulation stats for items, without having to create
> reports totalling these numbers. The numbers here are used for weeding,
> state reporting, etc.
>
> Other systems have fields: 'Year to date circ' and 'last year circ'
>
> We have discussed several possible developments:
>  - a new table to track these
>  - adding a new field, or altering 'issues' to use JSON and storing
> circ/renewal counts by year
>  - adding two new fields to the items table and use a cronjob to move
> 'current year' circ to 'last years circ' at the end of the year.
>
> We wanted to check in with the community to see if this is a request that
> others have or have seen, and how they handle these.
>
> Thanks for any info.
> Nick (kidclamp)
>
> --
> Nick Clemens
> ByWater Solutions
> bywatersolutions.com
> Phone: (888) 900-8944
> Pronouns: (he/him/his)
> Timezone: Eastern
> Follow us:
> <https://www.facebook.com/ByWaterSolutions/>
> <https://www.instagram.com/bywatersolutions/>
> <https://www.youtube.com/user/bywatersolutions>
> <https://twitter.com/ByWaterSolution>

Michael Hafen
Washington County School District Technology Department
Systems Analyst