[Koha-devel] Adding recent (current/past year) statistics to the items table

Cab Vinton bibliwho at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 16:43:33 CEST 2022

As a librarian I have to agree with Alvaro's comment. With so many Koha
libraries out there, I can easily see there being lots of requests to have
the data parsed just so.

That said, if the request really is for something as simple as YTD
checkouts (+/- renewals), then perhaps this could be added to the Reports
page (reports-home.pl), joining the Item type count report, etc.

Preferable in my view would be some kind of basic dashboard functionality.
I know there are 3rd party options for this (for example
<https://bywatersolutions.com/education/dazzling-dashboard-display-data>),
but librarians are lazy & a native solution is more likely to be used :-)

Just one librarian's opinion ...

Cab Vinton, Director
Plaistow Public Library
Plaistow, NH