[Koha-devel] How to install Koha plugins for development

Michael Hafen (TECH) michael.hafen at washk12.org
Wed Jan 19 21:37:28 CET 2022

The way I do it is:
add a directory to the koha-conf.xml with a <pluginsdir> tag, that will be
where I `git clone` the plugins.
`git pull` as necessary, then
`koha-shell [instance] -c /usr/local/koha_source/misc/devel/
install_plugins.pl`

That's with the koha instance running from the koha_source directory in
dev_mode.

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 12:30 PM Samu Heiskanen <samu.heiskanen at hypernova.fi>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a new Koha developer from windy and cold Finland. As new to the
> Koha-community, I'd like to wish all the best for everyone in the community.
>
> I have a problem with installing Koha plugins. I tried to find guidelines
> how install plugin from Git-repository, but haven't found. I'm forking a
> plugin and setting up an environment for development and testing. What is
> the the preferred way to install plugin from Git?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Samu Heiskanen

Michael Hafen
Washington County School District Technology Department
Systems Analyst