[Koha-devel] Checkouts API Question

Stephen Graham s.graham4 at herts.ac.uk
Tue Jul 12 16:06:43 CEST 2022

Hi All - we are on 21.11, and would like to include patron account data in our bespoke University mobile app. I was planning on using the RESTful API to get the data. What we would like is simply a list of titles (plus author and ISBN) along with the due back dates.  I'm struggling , when looking at https://api.koha-community.org/21.11.html, to see how this could be done without using lots of API calls. Would I have to do something like the following:

  *   Call /checkouts to get a list of checkouts from the patron
  *   Iterate over the checkout_id and call /checkouts/$id for each checkout
  *   I cannot see any Biblio references in the returned data, so I'd have to then grab the biblio_id from the /items/$id endpoint and then call the /biblios endpoint to get the actual bibliographic data.

If the patron had 10 items out this would be at least 30 calls to get the bib data. Is that what I would have to do, or am I missing something - like a header or extra query which would return all the info I require from the first endpoint call?

Any advice/pointers would be much appreciated!!

Cheers, Stephen

Stephen Graham
Library Technology Consultant
Library and Computing Services