[Koha-devel] Long-term support version of Koha (bug 31008)

Victor Grousset/tuxayo victor at tuxayo.net
Thu Jul 21 16:25:19 CEST 2022

Hi :)

On 22-06-22 09:47, Paul Poulain wrote:
> Good thing to have a LTS, my main question is about the ecosystem around
> Koha. For example, how to manage Koha LTS regarding
> Debian/Ubuntu/

We already drop and gain support support for Debian/Ubuntu versions
during the lifetime of Koha releases.

> Elastic Search/MariaDB... upgrades ?

Same, we are getting patches for ElasticSearch 7 and OpenSearch support
backported to oldoldstable. And in the past, I recall we dropped ES 5
support to fix a bug with ES 6.

> How can we be sure
> that, in 2 years, Koha LTS will become "unmaintainable" because it
> requires a Perl library that can't be upgraded and the underlying tool
> (OS, search engine...) isn't maintained anymore in the compatible version ?

So it should be ok. Unless there are scenarios not covered by what we
already do?

Cheers,

--
Victor Grousset/tuxayo