[Koha-devel] Debian 9 LTS EOL

dcook at prosentient.com.au dcook at prosentient.com.au
Mon Jul 25 02:14:26 CEST 2022

Hi all,

While commenting on Bug 28267, I decided to review what versions of Debian
we support, and I noticed that Debian 9 (Stretch) actually met it's LTS EOL
on 2022-06-30, so it probably makes sense for us to drop support for it at
some point in the near future too.

Debian 10 (Buster) will be regular EOL in the next couple of months, and
then it will get a LTS period of another couple extra years. (Interesting to
note that Debian LTS isn't actually handled by the Debian Security team but
rather a separate group of volunteers.)

It looks like Ubuntu 18.04 will end its "standard support" in April 2023, so
we nearly have 1 more year on it.

It looks like Debian 9 (Stretch) and Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic) both have MariaDB
10.1.x, so I suppose we can't drop support for that DB version until both
OSes are no longer supported.

https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/System_requirements_and_recommendations

https://wiki.debian.org/LTS

https://wiki.debian.org/DebianReleases