[Koha-devel] koha 22:05 elasticsearch

Michael Hafen michael.hafen at washk12.org
Thu Jun 9 18:16:08 CEST 2022

According to the error both libmarc-xml-perl_1.0.5-1 and libmarc-file-
xml-perl_1.0.5-1 are trying to place the file /usr/bin/marc2xml, which the
package manager helpfully catches and gives this wonder error message about.
I'm guessing that libmarc-file-xml-perl_1.0.5-1 is coming from the
koha-community repo.
The real question is what to do about it.  I'm not familiar enough with
debian packaging to say if there is a way to override the other packages
claim on the file.  I suppose it's possible to put that file in the
alternatives system (/etc/alternatives), but that might be overkill.
I think the root of the error is that either the name of the debian package
(libmarc-xml-perl) has diverged from the the koha-community package
(libmarc-file-xml-perl), or this file found its way into the
libmarc-file-xml-perl package my mistake.  Though if the problem was the
package name (which could be fixed with a "provides" entry) I would expect
to see more file conflicts, but maybe the package manager just stopped on
the first one.
I think the proper solution is to either change the libmarc-file-xml-perl
package to match the libmarc-xml-perl package (probably with a "provides"
entry), or to take this file out of it (and provide a modified
libmarc-xml-perl package if necessary).
Again, that advice is given with my very limited knowledge of debian
packaging.

On Thu, Jun 9, 2022 at 12:52 AM Stowasser Rainer <
rainer.stowasser at zamg.ac.at> wrote:

> Dear Fridolin
>
> Debian buster
>
> koha common 22.05
>
> yes
>
> what I found out till now is that it seems to be related to catmandu
> and 2 versions of marc2xml
> perl dependencies are "very interesting" ;-)
>
> Kind regards
> Hofrat Mag. Rainer Stowasser
> Head of Library and Archives ZAMG

Michael Hafen
Washington County School District Technology Department
Systems Analyst