[Koha-devel] ElasticSearch Geoserch

Thomas Klausner domm at plix.at
Wed Jun 29 12:35:00 CEST 2022

Hi!

On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 12:22:32PM +0200, Uwe Dierolf wrote:

> we already implemented something like this and are using it within Primo.
>
> Try it and go to
>     https://primo.bibliothek.kit.edu/primo-explore/search?tab=kit&sortby=date&vid=KIT
> Then search for "php head first" and take the second hit (german book)
> On the full title you see the typical google maps "mark a position" icons in read, click on them

Nice!

Though what we're trying to do - as pointed out by Rainer aka "the
customer" :-)  - is to show what area / location is relevant to the
contents of the book, not where the physical copy of the book is
located.

Here's more context, which should be ok to "leak" as Rainer also posted
the URL of the current system:

The library in question collects geological books / articles, most of
which discuss a very specific area. They want to list all books
thematically linked to an area:

https://gisgba.geologie.ac.at/geonames/
Enter "Znaim", hit enter, wait a bit. You'll see a map of Znojmo and
surrounding areas. Click on one of the red dots, and in the popup on
"view more" => A new tab opens showing books about "Znojmo".

Greetings,
domm

--
#!/usr/bin/perl                             https://domm.plix.at