[Koha-devel] How did we implement Verovio?

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Thu Aug 24 08:59:19 CEST 2023

Hi all,

I've gotten auto-blocked on Bugzilla, so I figured I'd go to the listserv
while I wait for my access to be restored.

I was reading
https://book.verovio.org/installing-or-building-from-sources/javascript-and-
webassembly.html and it makes me think
"koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/lib/verovio/verovio-toolkit.js" comes from
https://github.com/rism-digital/verovio/releases

However, it's not clear where
"koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/lib/verovio/midiplayer.js" comes from.

After some digging, I found that it comes from here:
https://github.com/rism-digital/midi-player/blob/master/player/midiplayer.js

I reckon we should include some links on the about.pl to show where we got
the code.

Anyway, my issue with it was how it dynamically creates HTML with "onclick"
event handlers, which aren't compatible with Content-Security-Policy. I'll
raise an issue with them. The git repo hasn't been updated in over 2 years
but fingers crossed.

David Cook

Senior Software Engineer

Prosentient Systems