[Koha-devel] Question about an Acquisitions enhancement proposal

Alex Buckley alexbuckley at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Aug 29 11:06:42 CEST 2023

Hi Katrin,

Thanks so much, I look forward to catching up with you in Montreal :)

Those are really good points and they are very helpful. I've passed
this, and Laurence's, points onto our partner library to check if they
would like to proceed with sponsoring this enhancement.

As I am about to go on my Italy annual leave Aleisha, or Wainui, will
likely write this enhancement so you might see a bug report from them
for this in the near future!

Thanks again for your response.

Kind regards,

Alex

On 26/08/23 20:29, Katrin Fischer wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> it was really nice to get to know you in person :)
>
> Q1) As others have pointed out, you can already change the quantity if
> items are created 'on receive' or 'in cataloguing', so it would make
> sense to extend this to 'on order' as well. I assume it was not
> implemented initially, because it would have complicated the development.
>
> Q2) I was thinking about this one for a bit:
>
> * EDIFACT: I am not sure how this would/could affect the EDIFACT
> ordering process, but as it's already possible now in 2 out of 3
> cases, this is probably not a blocker.
>
> * Logging: It looks like changing the quantity is already logged as a
> change on the order line. So that's good.
>
> Q3) If we could display the same item form and controls as when
> creating the order, it would also allow to update and pick specific
> items to be removed from the order. Also it would give us a consistent
> GUI.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Katrin
>

> On 23.08.23 02:52, Alex Buckley wrote:
>>
>> Hi Koha community,
>>
>> I really enjoyed meeting many of you at KohaCon in Finland for the
>> first-time in person!!
>>
>> I have a question. We have a partner library who is interested in
>> sponsoring an enhancement so they can change the quantity in order
>> lines of open baskets.
>>
>> Currently, if you click the 'Modify' link for an order line in an
>> open basket and change the value in the Quantity text input a
>> JavaScript popup appears telling you "You can't add a new item,
>> please create a new order line" - see attached screenshot.
>>
>> Looking at the code I can see that JavaScript popup is coming from
>> https://github.com/Koha-Community/Koha/blob/1403fd847a66432efda2c8724f61bcc6e413cda9/koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/acqui/neworderempty.tt#L144
>>

>> Before we go any further with starting work on making a bug report
>> and writing this enhancement I wanted to check a few things with the
>> community to make sure we start on the right track:
>>
>> Q1) Is adding the ability to change the quantity of order lines in
>> open baskets a bad idea?
>>
>> Q2) Is there anything we should keep in mind?
>>
>> Q3) Do you have any suggestions of how to approach writing this
>> enhancement?
>>
>> Any feedback, and suggestions, would be much appreciated.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Alex

*Alex Buckley (he/him)*
Koha Developer | Implementation Lead
*Catalyst.Net Limited - Expert Open Source Solutions*

*Catalyst.Net Limited - a Catalyst IT group company*
www.catalyst.net.nz <http://www.catalyst.net.nz>

Follow Catalyst Koha on Twitter <https://twitter.com/catalystkoha> |
Subscribe to the Catalyst Koha newsletter
<https://catalyst.us4.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=62457ff5060d15ee3c07d3fc4&id=b73fbdcac8>

Catalyst Logo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email is intended for the named recipients
only. It may contain privileged, confidential or copyright information.
If you are not the named recipient, any use, reliance upon, disclosure
or copying of this email or its attachments is unauthorised. If you have
received this email in error, please reply via email or call +64 4 499 2267.