[Koha-devel] koha-testing-docker startup gotcha...

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Wed Feb 22 06:57:00 CET 2023

Hi all,

With the latest version of koha-testing-docker, you might have problems
getting it to start up if your "koha" git directory is not owned by UID
1000.

I use koha-testing-docker on Windows, so I use a named volume to mount my
"koha" git directory. It also means that I cloned that git repo and do my
checkouts with the "root" user in koha-testing-docker (not as my normal user
on a Docker host like you would do if you were using Linux as your
workstation). So "root" owns my "koha" git directory, which causes
koha-testing-docker to fail to startup.

I've worked around that by chowning my "koha" git repo to be owned by UID
1000, and that's got it starting up, but it could have future issues where
permissions aren't quite right.

Anyway, just something to be aware of.

David Cook

Senior Software Engineer