[Koha-devel] koha-testing-docker startup gotcha...

David Schmidt mail at davidschmidt.at
Wed Feb 22 10:51:01 CET 2023

what I like to do to always have matching UIDs

##########
##########

# Dockerfile
ARG CONTAINER_UID=1000
RUN useradd --create-home --home-dir /home/hks3 \
            --uid $CONTAINER_UID --user-group --shell /bin/bash hks3

# building container
docker-compose build --build-arg CONTAINER_UID=`id -u`

now the ids always match.

cheers
david (HKS3 / koha-support.eu)