[Koha-devel] Testing ERM functionality

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Wed Feb 22 07:29:04 CET 2023

Hi Jonathan and folks,

Is there a general test plan that can be used for testing ERM functionality?
Should/could koha-testing-docker come with some test data for ERM to ease
testing?

Here's my first look (in a very long time):

1.	Go to
http://localhost:8081/cgi-bin/koha/admin/preferences.pl?tab=erm
2.	Change "ERMModule" to "Enable"
3.	Go to http://localhost:8081/cgi-bin/koha/erm/erm.pl

I note the following warning in the console:

runtime-core.esm-bundler.js:167 [Vue warn]: setup() return property
"_is_loading" should not start with "$" or "_" which are reserved prefixes
for Vue internals.

  at <Main>

--

In a separate email, I've asked what I should be looking for in terms of QA.
Or are we still at a stage of looking for feedback?

Personally, I think that we might still be a bit too ERM focused with the
Vue.js.

Instead of http://localhost:8081/cgi-bin/koha/erm/erm.pl perhaps we should
be going to http://localhost:8081/cgi-bin/koha/spa/erm. Note that "spa" is a
placeholder here (in this case standing for single page application). Off
the top of my head, I don't have a great base URL in mind.

That way "Koha" is the Vue.js app, and "ERM" is a component provided to
"Koha". We could centralize a number of methods in the root "Koha" app.

Actually, me emailing is probably pointless. Maybe one night I can do some
work in the evening, so that I can link up with folk and we can chat more.

David Cook

Senior Software Engineer

Prosentient Systems

Suite 7.03