[Koha-devel] Rewrite of URLs, flushing all empty arguments

Michael Hafen michael.hafen at washk12.org
Wed Jun 7 23:17:27 CEST 2023

There are many layers interacting here.  First is apache recieving the
request, where it passes through any apache modules that are loaded, then
it's passed to cgi or fcgi (you haven't mentioned whether you have plack
enabled, but you probably do), then it's passed to Koha's codebase.  There
could be version differences between Debian and Ubuntu in either Apache
modules or Perl CGI/FCGI modules that would cause an empty get variable to
be dropped.  The perl module versions would be the first thing I'd check.

On Wed, Jun 7, 2023 at 3:10 PM Philippe Blouin <philippe.blouin at inlibro.com>
wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> New issue (in 22.05 here, but might be anywhere):
>
> https://somedomain.net/cgi-bin/koha/tools/letter.pl?op=delete_confirm
> <https://v22-test-intranet.hapax.inlibro.net/cgi-bin/koha/tools/letter.pl?op=delete_confirm>
> *&branchcode=&module=suggestions&code=ACCEPTED*
>
> When somedomain is onto one of our debian box (bullseye, 11), the
> branchcode= disappears on landing.  Be it on the connection page or
> letter.pl, we do not have the branchcode= anymore, and the code throws an
> error (branchcode being undefined)
>
> When running onto our laptops (Ubuntu) that doesn't happen.
>
> We have no custom RewriteRule, so I'm trying to figure out WHERE this
> rewrite comes from.
>
> All suggestions welcomed,
>
> Best regards,
> --
> Philippe Blouin,
> Directeur de la technologie
>
> Tél.  : (833) 465-4276, poste 230
> philippe.blouin at inLibro.com
> inLibro | pour esprit libre | www.inLibro.com

Michael Hafen
Washington County School District Technology Department
Systems Analyst