[Koha-devel] Rewrite of URLs, flushing all empty arguments

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Thu Jun 8 01:38:44 CEST 2023

First things first, Philippe, you haven’t given enough information about the problem.

For instance:

http://localhost:8081/cgi-bin/koha/tools/letter.pl?op=delete_confirm <http://localhost:8081/cgi-bin/koha/tools/letter.pl?op=delete_confirm&branchcode=&module=suggestions&code=ACCEPTED> &branchcode=&module=suggestions&code=ACCEPTED

http://localhost:8081/cgi-bin/koha/tools/letter.pl?op=delete_confirm <http://localhost:8081/cgi-bin/koha/tools/letter.pl?op=delete_confirm&module=suggestions&code=ACCEPTED> &module=suggestions&code=ACCEPTED

On koha-testing-docker, which admittedly is a later version, neither of these raise an error, although the second link won’t work as expected. So you should look at the actual error message in your log, and try to work it out from there. It might be that it’s a known issue that’s been fixed upstream already.

Not sure what you mean by “the connection page”. Is that the login screen for letter.pl or something else?

When you say “the branchcode= disappears on landing”, it’s not clear what you mean. Take a look at the Network tab on your browser and see if there are any redirects. You can also increase the logging on your Apache to see what exactly it’s doing: https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/core.html#loglevel.

Maybe that problem instance has some Javascript running that is interfering with the location URL. You can add breakpoints in your browser so that it pauses at certain points in the process of loading.

My suggestion would be doing some hands-on troubleshooting. Work the problem. The truth is out there.

David Cook

Senior Software Engineer

Prosentient Systems

Suite 7.03