[Koha-devel] Inventory improvements

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Mon Jun 19 03:47:06 CEST 2023

Hi all,

It's probably not the right time of year for inventory.pl improvements, but
I've got a raft of changes for improving inventory.pl:

Bug 31744 - Inventory tool can take a long time and never complete

Bug 33989 - Inventory tool performs unnecessary authorized value lookups

Bug 34051 - Koha::AuthorisedValues->get_description_by_koha_field not
caching results for non-existent values

If you dislike how slow inventory.pl is and how it has a tendency to timeout
in managed IT environments, then you'll probably like these changes. I've
applied the first 2 locally, and my librarians are much happier as a result.

David Cook

Senior Software Engineer

Prosentient Systems

Suite 7.03