[Koha-devel] Conflict between libossp-uuid-perl and libdata-uuid-perl

Nigel Titley nigel at titley.com
Fri Jun 16 12:51:52 CEST 2023

Hi David

On 16/06/2023 00:59, David Cook wrote:
> Hi Nigel,
>
> I've bumped into this conflict before (https://irc.koha-community.org/out.pl?channel=koha;date=2023-01-11).

That irc fragment was quite helpful. apt-cache rdepends confirms that
it's libsoap-lite-perl that's pulling in the libossp-uuid-perl and it's
sympa (amongst others) that's pulling in libsoap-lite-perl

> The libdata-uuid-perl package is required by libtest-dbix-class-perl, which is required for the koha-common package, although it really shouldn't be... we haven't gotten around to separating out the dependencies.
>
> Locally, what I do is patch debian/control and generate my own Debian packages, but that may or may not be an option for you.

Well, I probably could do it. I certainly could with a little diligent
reading of documentation but I'm trying to keep this production system
as clean as possible. So probably best just to wait for you guys to get
around to sorting out the dependency in your copious spare time. There's
no great panic anyway. I was just trying to get my production system a
bit closer to stable.

> Unfortunately, the shortest path for you might be to move one of your systems to a different machine, but this is a topic that certainly needs some work...

I'm getting a little annoyed with Sympa anyway, the documentation is a
mess, it has a tendency to leave zombie processes lying around, and its
maintainers never answer questions. I may revert back to mailman. Which
may fix the problem.

Thanks for the quick response

Nigel