[Koha-devel] Mojolicious::Plugin::OAuth2 only uses client_secret_post client authentication method

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Mon Mar 20 03:20:32 CET 2023

Hi all,

I can't remember if I've said this before but it looks like
Mojolicious::Plugin::OAuth2 only uses the client_secret_post client
authentication method. In the OpenID Connect spec, "client_secret_basic" is
actually the default method:
https://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-core-1_0.html#ClientAuthentication

I think that Keycloak checks both the Authorization header and the request
body, which is probably why it's worked so easily with the Koha OpenID
Connect auth. I couldn't find any documentation on this for Keycloak, but I
think it's a safe assumption.

Reported the issue on Github:
https://github.com/marcusramberg/Mojolicious-Plugin-OAuth2/issues/72. Really
it should be a very straight forward change to implement in the plugin.

David Cook

Senior Software Engineer

Prosentient Systems

Suite 7.03