[Koha-devel] Using Vue.js in Koha plugins

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Tue Mar 21 05:03:56 CET 2023

Hey Jonathan,

Do you think it would be possible to use Vue.js in Koha plugins?

I haven't played with webpack but it looks like
"koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/js/vue/dist/erm.js" contains the entirety of
Vue.js in itself, so in theory it would be possible to include whatever
Vue.js on a different page that doesn't load erm.js.

Have we thought about separating out the core Vue.js library from the Vue.js
application code using the SplitChunksPlugin? That way we could include the
vue.js library code wherever we might want it, and only load the erm.js
application code on the ERM page(s). Perhaps we could split other re-usable
components out as well.

Of course, the Koha plugin would be implementing its Vue.js application
without a build step. But I think that would be OK.

I'm thinking of a scenario where the Koha plugin provides data via an API
endpoint, and wants to display that data using a Koha Vue DataTable for
instance.

What do you think?

David Cook

Senior Software Engineer