[Koha-devel] Background jobs in plugins

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Fri Oct 13 08:25:14 CEST 2023

Hi all,

"Bug 30410 - Add a way for plugins to register background tasks" was pushed
in Koha 22.05.00, but I can't figure out how to make it work.

Tomas, do you have a plugin where this works?

I've gone through the patches, and it looks like I should have it right, but
nothing I'm doing is working.

When I enqueue the job, background_jobs.pl says "Unknown job type
'plugin_blah_blah'" even though "plugin_blah_blah" exists in
Koha::BackgroundJob->new->type_class_mapping and in my plugin background
job's "job_type".

When I click "View" on the job, I get the following error: "Template process
failed: file error - background_jobs/plugin_blah_blah.inc: not found at
/kohadevbox/koha/C4/Templates.pm line 127"

I'll look next week at providing a simple plugin to illustrate the problem.

Thanks,

David Cook

Senior Software Engineer

Prosentient Systems