[Koha-devel] Background jobs in plugins

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 15:09:03 CEST 2023

Hi all. I'm wrapping a KitchenSink patch to highlight how it would be used.

The background jobs themselves work, but the template side I never looked
at. I thought there was some default display showing all the report
metadata, but it seems all descriptions are hardcoded and a dev is required
to add the ability for plugins to advertise job descriptions and have them
displayed as well.

[image: image.png]

If you want a plugin background job, it works and you should look at the
wiki (updated just now) and/or copy what I've done on the KitchenSink
plugin.

Regarding comments on IRC, the feature was submitted during the 2022's
hackfest in an attempt to streamline the whole background jobs work by
Jonathan, and was tested, QA and pushed by others. We succeeded in moving
that forward, which Fridolin pushed for 22.05 and was a great improvement.

Best regards

--
Tomás Cohen Arazi
Theke Solutions (https://theke.io)