[Koha-oz] Koha in schools: group patrons by class?

FNPS Library library at fitzroynthps.vic.edu.au
Wed Mar 21 01:02:21 CET 2018

Hello everyone,

I work in a primary school library in Melbourne, I'm looking at
transitioning our library system from Oliver Junior to Koha. We have set up
a test system to play with settings and so on, and I was hoping someone
might have an idea for this.
I want to be able to group students by class (e.g. 56A, 56B, 56C, etc.) for
the purpose of finding them for checkout, and for grouping overdue notices.

I thought of using a custom patron parameter, but I was wondering if
anybody had a more elegant solution available.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Michael Barry.