[Koha-oz] Language codes

Lynn Pryor lynntobias20 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 06:52:43 CEST 2019

I'd like help with this please.

I am working in a small theological library in Central Asia, where I
isnstalled Koha over 4 years ago.  Atthe time we did not add barcodes to
the books, so my main task in my short visit this time is to oversee the
barcode entry project.   The librarian also needs to know how to create
reports.

The collection has three different langiage sections : Russian, Kyrgyz and
English. She needs to be able to create reports of the number of books in
each language. We have located Marc field 041 into which we have begun to
type a 3 letter code for whichever language of the item. However when it
comes to creating a report, there appears not to be a category in the list
which corresponds to the language code in biblio.  Is it possible to add a
field to the reports list or enter the language code into a field which
corresponds to an existing category in the reports creation list.

Lynn Pryor
lynntobias20 at gmail.com