[Koha-translate] Re: Lib for librarians, lib for opac

Ambrose LI <acli@ada.dhs.org> via forwarder news-misc at ada.dhs.org
Mon Mar 1 00:57:13 CET 2004

In article <1078090395.5178.7.camel at localhost.localdomain>,
Benedykt P. Barszcz <kb2qzv at poczta.wp.pl> wrote:
>Hi,
>what is this stuff? what does the "lib" stand for?
>
>thanks for hints.

I believe they are labels for the MARC fields. There's a set
of labels for the librarians (Intranet interface) and another
for the OPAC. (I think that this is done so that, e.g., we
can label the MARC fields in the OPAC with common terms, while
sticking to technical terms for the librarians.)

But I am not so certain about thesaurus/authority "lib"s.

--
Ambrose LI Cheuk-Wing  <a.c.li at ieee.org>

http://ada.dhs.org/~acli/