[Koha-translate] question about making koha in Persian

Joshua M. Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Sat Jul 28 15:09:04 CEST 2007

Hi Gary,

----- "Gary Ruan" <ruan at email.arizona.edu> wrote:
> We are system developers in The University of Arizona Library. We are
> carrying on a digital library project with Afghanistan Universities.
> We ran into a problem when using the translation (Persian ˇ§POˇ¨ file) . We
> successfully used tmpl_process3.pl to make Persian ˇ§tmplˇ¨ files, but the
> text became unrecognizable in Koha.
>
> Did anyone successfully make a ˇ§Persian Kohaˇ¨ ? Or is there anything we
> should notice to correctly use PO file in Koka translate, like how to
> download it, which encoding should be used, or the like. By the way, our
> koha is running in Linux Redhat enterprise. Any reply will be
> appreciated.
When I run the translate script I get some warnings:

Strange line in per_npl_classic_opac: <br>msgid "wednesday"
Strange line in per_npl_classic_opac: <br>msgstr "چهار شنبه"
Strange line in per_npl_classic_opac: <br>
Strange line in per_npl_classic_opac: <br>#: /var/www/translate.koha.org/koha/classic/koha/koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/npl/en/opac-serial-issues.tmpl:20
Strange line in per_npl_classic_opac: <br>msgid "week"
Strange line in per_npl_classic_opac: <br>msgstr "هفته "
Strange line in per_npl_classic_opac: <br>
Strange line in per_npl_classic_opac: <br>#: /var/www/translate.koha.org/koha/classic/koha/koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl/npl/en/opac-serial-issues.tmpl:44
Strange line in per_npl_classic_opac: <br>msgid "year"
Strange line in per_npl_classic_opac: <br>msgstr "سال"
Strange line in per_npl_classic_opac: <br>
Strange line in per_npl_classic_opac: <br
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.4/Locale/PO.pm line 375, <IN> line 2580.
per_npl_classic_opac: PO file is corrupted, or not a PO file

Did you get those as well? I'll continue to investigate.

Cheers,