[Koha-translate] Few questions re translating on Pootle

Selma Aslan selmaslan at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 27 13:01:16 CET 2008

Hi All

1. Under "Show checks" for Turkish it reads

unchanged 51 strings (4%) failed

Since unchanged means the source & translation are the same, then I suppose there are some problematic strings in the original English version, and there is nothinh we can do about it. Is there?

2. Should we really translate such a string:

%s/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?%s%s&format=atom

If yes, and if I translate it as follows, would it work:

%s/cgi-bin/koha/katalog-tarama.pl?%s%sbiçim=atom

Please note that the string may not show on all screens exactly as I have typed because of c with cedilla in bicim

Otherwise which parts of this string is expected to be translated?

3. Can we use non-English characters such as s with cedilla in expressions where a few words are used together without space such as checkoutsystem in the following string, and should we also keep them together:
 HELP with the self checkoutsystem

Which of the following would be correct for this string:

Proper Turkish expression:Otomatik Ödünç & İade Sistemi için YARDIM

Spaces removed but Turkish characters used:

Otomatik ÖdünçİadeSistemi için YARDIM

No space no Turkish character:

Otomatik odunciadesistemi için YARDIM

Thanks for your help