[Koha-translate] Turkish translation

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Mon Feb 9 22:55:28 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Selma Aslan <selmaslan at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I regret to inform you that there are problems concerning translation into
> Turkish, and I wonder if there are other languages in the same situation.
> Although we have translated all staff file excluding UniMarc strings in
> French,  the file is not in the system altogether and therefore librarian
> interface is not available in Turkish. In case of OPAC it appears in Turkish
> mostly but there are some expressions which are not offered for translation
> appearing in English on the screeens such as "important links here" , and
> names of material types by the side of images;  not to mention expressions
> in  English within the images like cart inside  the cart image.

Have you generated the templates from the .po file for the staff interface

> Is it possible to check why staff file in Turkish does not appear at all,
> and can missing strings in OPAC be put on Pootle for completion of
> translation please.

And have you done the same for the OPAC?

Where are you looking at the pages? Can you send me a url please?

For the missing strings, they are not in the templates so cannot be
part of the pootle translation.
The important links here, is a system preference you can edit it, and
change it to some important links (in turkish ;))

> The Turkish translation team members are as follows:
>
> Selma Aslan
> Aşır Doğaner (Asir Doganer)
> Mehmet Ali Yar
> Mehmet Emin Küçük (Mehmet Emin Kucuk)
> İlkay Holt
> Haydar Yalçın
> S. Cihan Doğan (S. Cihan Dogan)
> Adem Aydemir
>

> I hope all our efforts will not be in vain once again.

I certainly hope not as well

Chris

PS please send mail to koha-translate at lists.koha.org  (not the old
nongnu.org one)