[Koha-translate] Issues with es-ES po files (staff and opac)

Fernando L. Canizo conan at lugmen.org.ar
Mon Jun 6 22:22:24 CEST 2011

Hello everyone, I'm conan (aka Fernando Canizo) and I've been around in
kohadev for a couple of months now, so I will not go further on my
introduction since probably we'are all the same here and there ;)

Some days ago I tried a spanish install with 'translate install
es-ES' and got an error which I cannot reproduce now. But it wasn't a
very helpful message.

Magnuse in #koha told me about using poedit to look for errors and also
to look for inconsistences in %s numbers on translated and original
strings.

I found that poedit wasn't giving me the right line numbers so I
resorted to 'msgfmt -c' which pointed me to the errors.

Then I corrected one bad translation I happened to find, incorrect
number of %s in original and translated strings, and also splitted %s's
which had spaces between the '%' and the 's'.

You can see the changes in this paste which is a 'git log -p b..a' of
my local commits:

http://paste.koha-community.org/75

The thing is I kind of mixed everything and probably that's not the way
to work properly.

So I'm asking what are the steps to properly fix this kind of errors
(translating errors and inconsistency errors).

Should I trust always git repo? Or pootle site?

In any case, how do I upload my changes?

--
Fernando Canizo (a.k.a. conan) - http://conan.muriandre.com/
GCS d? s:+ a C++ P--- L++++ E--- W+++ w--- M-- PE-- !tv b+++ h---- y+++