[Koha-translate] nb-NO .po files not updated for 3.4?

Frédéric DEMIANS f.demians at tamil.fr
Sun May 22 07:47:47 CEST 2011

 > I did some translating of the OPAC some time before the move to TT and
 > before 3.4 was released, bringing it up to 100%. I thought I'd have
 > another go at it now, but when I look at the 3.4 files in Pootle, the
 > OPAC file still says it's 100% translated, even thought I'm certain a
 > number of new strings have been introduced since last time I did ant
 > translating.

You're correct. You can't start 3.4 translation with a 100% translated
OPAC .po file. Looking at your files, it can be seen that they are still
based on HTML::Template not Template Toolkit: there are references to
.tmpl files not .tt files.

 > I thought maybe I could fix this by running "translate update nb-NO",
 > then upload the resulting .po files to Pootle, but when I run that
 > command I get a lot of this:

Your original OPAC .po files seem corrupted. I can't say how it happens.
You have plenty of commented lines: ie line begining with #~. For
example:

#~ msgid ""
#~ "You are accessing Self-Checkout from a different IP address! please
log in "
#~ "again."
#~ msgstr "Du kobler deg opp mot Koha fra en annen IP-adresse. Logg inn
igjen."

I have cleaned your files (opac & staff) from those lines, then updated
them, and uploaded them into Pootle. Please confirm me, it looks valid
for you now.

Regards,
--
Frédéric DEMIANS