[Koha-translate] Some best practice questions for an upcoming translation to Swedish

Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se
Fri Aug 17 11:47:33 CEST 2012

Dear all on the translate list

We are planning to make a full translation of Koha during 2012/2013 and I need some help planning:

·         Is offline translation more effective?
(Using poedit or similar is more streamlined, but Pootle seems to give some hints as to the context of strings that offline tools do not provide. Do you have any advice?

·         When should we translate to keep out of trouble with string freeze etc of new versions?
I understand that Koha 3.10 should arrive 22 november. Would that give us six months of peace to translate the intranet?

·         How much translation work does a new .X version usually introduce? Is translating 3.10 the best idea when go-live is something like spring 2013 or should we translate 3.12 instead?

Kind regards
/Viktor Sarge
[Beskrivning: Region Halland]
Viktor Sarge
Utvecklingsledare
Kulturavdelningen
Regionkontoret
TFN: 035-17 98 73
E-POST: Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se
BESÖKSADRESS: Södra vägen 9, 30238 Halmstad
www.regionhalland.se<http://www.regionhalland.se>