[Koha-translate] Some best practice questions for an upcoming translation to Swedish

Magnus Enger magnus at enger.priv.no
Tue Aug 28 13:50:18 CEST 2012

On 17 August 2012 11:47, <Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se> wrote:
> ·         Is offline translation more effective?
> (Using poedit or similar is more streamlined, but Pootle seems to give some hints as to the context of strings that offline tools do not provide. Do you have any advice?

I have used Lokalize (on Ubuntu) to good effect. It shows the paths of
the files strings originate from, so it makes it easy to skip strings
from the help files, MARC dialects you are never going to use etc.

With a desktop program it's also super fast to do things like go
through fuzzy strings that does not need changing.

But if more people are collaborating, using Pootle is probably a good
idea, since you will not have problems with people translating the
same strings twice, overwriting changes made by others etc.

Best regards,
Magnus
libriotech.no