[Koha-translate] Some best practice questions for an upcoming translation to Swedish

Hailuodon Kunnankirjasto m.kirjasto.hailuoto at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 08:51:41 CEST 2012

Ok. Thanks! Magnus made good points here and as I FINALLY got to look at
the Lokalize http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Translating_Koha
tool, I'm glad to be sure and say: imo the Best, of the forementioned two.
Be sure to give it out as an option for translators.

I am going to 'koha' (gift) you with installations of se & no-bokmål
translations (as partial as they are) in our next update, and hope that
you'll do the same for me next time around.
Hoping to get it 3.8 (because of it's API, socialmedia implementations),
but this depends on how much delay gives me time to finish the fi-FI 3.8
"opac+pref" files.

I have been myself delayed bc the lack of test benches. I think one can see
the translation properly only as it lives on some demo. ---

Our regional lib head just visited Joensuu eastern finland where Ministery
of Edu has had a large project where OS ILS's Koha and eVERGREEn have been
benched to find out n evaluate their performance and technical features.

If any of you have a special interest towards Joensuu project, I am glad to
fwd your inquiries via this thread.

In fact I shall get back to this Joensuu affair after we have our fall
regional info meeting. They promised to inform us there.

cheers! n have a good, inspired day,

t. K.Blomster