[Koha-translate] FW: Dumb translating questions?

Frédéric Demians f.demians at tamil.fr
Mon Jul 9 15:00:08 CEST 2012

 > I think that it should be possible to see who is working on a
 > translation (and even who changed or suggested a line change). As I
 > understand it now, you can quite anonymously create an account and
 > change existing translations without even being contacted by those who
 > informally form the translation team of that language already.

You can register yourself on Pootle. There is no validation. And you can
start doing *suggestions*. You can't add/modify text, just do
suggestions. After that, someone with admin permission on the language
project can validate those suggestions.

 > To improve translation and even to protect it (from unaware or
 > malicious changes), it would be helpful to see at least an email
 > address. Note that this email address is in the database, because you
 > need to enter one to activate your login.

You can see the username of the person suggesting a translation. You
don't have his/her email address. But the Koha translation team (Katrin,
Samuel, and myself) can give you a username email address. Just ask!

Kind regards,
--
Frédéric DEMIANS
http://www.tamil.fr/u/fdemians.html