[Koha-translate] Translation for 3.12 using transifex (feedback)

Mathieu Saby mathieu.saby at univ-rennes2.fr
Mon May 20 19:39:34 CEST 2013

Le 20/05/2013 14:36, Frédéric Demians a écrit :
> Le 20/05/2013 14:11, Jared Camins-Esakov a écrit :
>
>> My conclusion from this is that Transifex may make translation
>> easier, but it also makes it easier to add errors like &nbsp in place
>> of  .
> It's not sure. It may come from the fact that French typography requires
> colon punctuation mark to be preceded by a space. Not the case in
> English. Maybe not the case in other languages. It might not be a
> specific Transifex flaw.

It was also a "timing" problem. We finished our translation work "just
in time" for 3.12.0, so we had very very little time to test the files.
I plea guilty for the   : in the past,  this entity has been added
in a lot of strings before ":" sign, but not in every string. So each
time I found - by chance - a string with a bare ":", I decided to add
the   in order to make the french templates more coherent. But when
I tested it and found the mistakes, there were some problems (locked
files) in our Transifex instance, so I was not able to fix the mistakes :(

Mathieu

--
Mathieu Saby
Service d'Informatique Documentaire