[Koha-translate] Translation for 3.12 using transifex (feedback)

Frédéric Demians f.demians at tamil.fr
Mon May 20 14:36:13 CEST 2013

Le 20/05/2013 14:11, Jared Camins-Esakov a écrit :

> My conclusion from this is that Transifex may make translation
> easier, but it also makes it easier to add errors like &nbsp in place
> of  .

It's not sure. It may come from the fact that French typography requires
colon punctuation mark to be preceded by a space. Not the case in
English. Maybe not the case in other languages. It might not be a
specific Transifex flaw.

> In order to avoid putting out releases with broken languages in the
> future, it might be a good idea to add unit tests for the PO files
> that checks for broken entities, %s mismatches, etc.

+1

For the time being, this is to each language translation team to ensure
that there translation doesn't contain any default. This isn't that bad
since it delegates the translation validation job to those who are
effectively doing it. So any unit test for translation should try to
send their result to the translators rather than to the Release Manager
or Translation Manager who have enough to do.

> From a philosophical point of view, of course, an open source tool
> like Pootle is superior as well, but my principle concern is
> technical.

I kindly disagree with you from an immanent point of view, even if I
transcendently agree.

Kind regards,
--
Frédéric DEMIANS