[Koha-translate] starting to do translation

Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel bgkriegel at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 18:26:07 CEST 2014

Hi Manuel, and welcome!
We are always happy to have new translators and more languages :)

I'm a newbie here and I want to help the translation in Filipino. I
> tried using the online translation months ago but not been productive. I
> would like to learn and seek advice on how to make Koha available in
> Filipino. Also is there any available reaserch regarding the localization
> of Koha?

You have a lot of work ahead, it would be great if you can find more
translators to help.
If pootle don't work for you, you can translate offline and then upload
files to translation server,
but that if you are are the only translator. You can use Poedit[1] for that.

I recommend that you begin with the OPAC first, it's the most visible part
for end users,
but please translate only boostrap theme [2], the others are obsolete
Next proceed with staff, there are 3 files for it. staff properly, staff
help and preferences.
That's the biggest part.

For any questions, please write to the list.

Best regards,
Bernardo

[1] http://poedit.net/
[2] http://translate.koha-community.org/fil/316/tl-PH-opac-bootstrap.po