[Koha-translate] First Post and First Question!

Sean and Bethany Walker sbwalker at pmbx.net
Sat Jan 23 14:46:29 CET 2016

Greetings Koha-Translators!
It’s a pleasure to be a part of your community.  My name is Sean and I am setting up a library in Central Asia with Koha as the ILS.  We have many books in Central Asian languages, so my primary need is to configure Koha so that I can use the Advanced Search function to search for books in those languages.  At a later date, we may want to translate the web interface into another language, but for the time being the Russian port will do.  So my main question is how to add languages to the search function.  I did a little searching around and found the subtag_registry.sql file which seems to contain the language declarations that appear in the drop-down list for selecting a search language.  I added the following lines to that file for the Tajik language:

-- Tajik
INSERT INTO language_subtag_registry( subtag, type, description, added)
VALUES ( 'tg', 'language', 'Tajik','2005-10-16');

INSERT INTO language_rfc4646_to_iso639(rfc4646_subtag,iso639_2_code)
VALUES ( 'tg','tgk');

INSERT INTO language_descriptions(subtag, type, lang, description)
VALUES ( 'tg', 'language', 'tg', 'Тоҷикӣ');

INSERT INTO language_descriptions(subtag, type, lang, description)
VALUES ( 'tg', 'language', 'en', 'Tajik');

Do I now need to run the installer again for the new language to become available in the staff and OPAC interfaces?  If I am way off here, please someone point me in the right direction!

Thanks!
Sean