[Koha-translate] Copy translation

Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel bgkriegel at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 01:23:00 CEST 2018

Hi Caroline,

> I’d like to know how/when the files are generated on Pootle. Here is the
> reason : I’m working with the French team to complete the translation of
> the fr-FR Koha and manual and I’d like to use that to generate the fr-CA
> and then just change the terms that are not used in Canada. Is that
> possible?

Yes, it's possible.

First you need to build a compendium[1][2] file for all fr-FR po files, it
will have all the translated messages.
Then you can apply[3] it to 'translate' fr-CA po files.

The only catch is that you will loose all current translations, so you will
need to find and change those different terms, again.

You can do this offline and upload updated files to translation server; or
I can do this for you if the fr-CA translators agree.

Regards
Bernardo

[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/Compendium.html
[2] http://pology.nedohodnik.net//doc/user/en_US/ch-combined.html