[Koha-win32] W32 Install Available for Download - Give it a try.

robweir at alum.drexel.edu robweir at alum.drexel.edu
Tue Oct 22 23:59:24 CEST 2002

The first release of an install for Windows is now available for download at http://www.kohalabs.com/resources/Win32/ Recommended platforms are Windows NT or Windows 2000, although I have also done some testing on Windows 98. I would hope this install might work on Windows XP, but have not tested at all yet on that os. I do not plan on supporting Windows 95 or Windows ME.

The zip file contains 2 documents. Please take time to read them. You need to install Apache, MySQL and Perl to specific locations before running the W32 Koha install. One of the documents has links to the exact files you need as well as instructions for installing those other programs.

The current install is for Koha V1.2.3RC14. If there is interest in any of the other Koha versions, let me know, and I will compile an install for them.

This is a preliminary test release. As of today, only one other person beside myself has tested this install. Please DO NOT test on a production machine!

I will be looking for feedback via the koha-win32 list and hope to improve this package to the point where it will be helpful to those installing koha on windows.

Rob