[Koha-win32] New Zoom Search Download?

Chris Cormack chris.cormack at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 05:29:02 CET 2007

Hi John

On 2/23/07, John Choo <anchovies00 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> I'm looking for any updates that has the new search module (KOHA ZOOM)
> used
> by Nelsonville Public Library System. I think it's v3.0?
> I know it might not be a separate module, but would like to have a go at
> it
> rather than tweaking the current v2.2.7 search.
>
> Chris, does that come with the UI?

The UI? Not sure what you mean.

What nelsonville are running is the dev_week version of Koha. Its not 3.0 (
3.0 hasnt been released yet either). If you read the page on the wiki, that
is how to install it. But as I said its quite difficult to get going and it
doesnt have an installer yet, which is why it hasnt been released. So Rob
cant port it to windows yet, as we dont have a linux release. You have to
install it from cvs.

3.0 will be similair to it when it is released.

So in a nutshell, NPL paid liblime to get it up and running for them, the
code is all there in the repository (cvs) but it doesnt have a nice
installer so hasnt had a release made. Which means you can install it, but
not as easy as 2.2.7

Chris