[Koha-win32] bulkmarcimport.pl

David Whelchel whelchel at dlwa.com
Sat Jan 20 20:13:18 CET 2007

Hi Rob and list,

I am trying to install Koha on windows for myself and several others who
have extensive research libraries. Koha appears to be a very good
solution for our needs.  I have successfullly installed and documented
the base configuration. But I have run into several problems and am
trying to attack them in a systematic way. I was wondering if you had
any resolution to the bulkmarcimport.pl problem. I would be willing to
be a tester for you if needed.

Here is the error I receive:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>cd
c:\usr\koha227\scripts\misc\migration_tools

C:\usr\koha227\scripts\misc\migration_tools>set
KOHA_CONF=c:\etc\koha.conf

C:\usr\koha227\scripts\misc\migration_tools>set
PERL5LIB=c:\usr\koha227\intranet\modules

C:\usr\koha227\scripts\misc\migration_tools>bulkmarcimport.pl
Can't locate object method "ignore_errors" via package "MARC::Charset"
at C:\usr\koha227\scripts\misc\migration_tools\bulkmarcimport.pl line
24.

C:\usr\koha227\scripts\misc\migration_tools>

I found this on one of the Koha lists.

> You're right, MARC::Charset dropped the package-level methods
> ignore_errors and assume_unicode from v0.92 to v0.95.  The
ignore_errors
> flag must now be set when calling the conversion routine.
> I suggest first commenting out these method calls, though
> MARC::Record will choke if you don't have near-perfect records.  If
> (when) that  fails, roll back to 0.92; I don't think there are any
> issues there... though  I'd like to know otherwise if I'm wrong
> (anyone?)

Aparently the rollback did not work.

I don't want to monopolize your time so I am still digging on several
other problems (z39.50 500 error in search.pl, no remote access to
intranet even with the host file entries and how to implement LC Call
numbers).

I am running your most current configuration from the Koha win32
downloads site. The base os is windows 2003 server. (I also re-ran the
perl modules)

Koha V2.2.7 Stable Release for Windows
Updated Jan. 8, 2007 to include fix for perl modules and
marc_subfields_structure.pl
(Install build R2 last updated January 8, 2007 - 18.2 MB)
ActivePerl 5.8.x Modules for Koha Updated Jan. 8, 2007 fixed errors that
caused DBD-mysql and MARC-charset to fail to install on some systems
(Install build R4 last updated January 8, 2007 - 10.1 MB)
Apache - V2.0.59
MySQL - V4.0.26
Activestate Perl - V5.8.8.817
YAZ Toolkit - V2.1.40