[Koha-win32] KOHA Install Report - And A Call For Help

Bill Quimby wquimby at ecr.net
Sat May 12 02:01:36 CEST 2007

One problem report on a win32 load.

One desperate cry for help.

1. I loaded Koha following the instructions posted on the web page

http://www.koha.rwjr.com

to Windows 2000 SP4.Things went smoothly up to the point where I was
advised that I would see the "green stoplight" in addition to the Apache arrow.
[This advice in http://www.koha.rwjr.com/Koha_on_Windows.html]
I discovered after a few hours of self-doubt that the recommended
download file mysql-v5.0.37-win32.zip DOES NOT contain winmysqladmin.exe,
and that it is only by calling winmysqladmin.exe that one gets a "green stoplight".
(FYI I installed version 5.0.37 twice just to be sure.) Fortunately I had a CD
of an older version of SQL with a copy of winmysqladmin. I copied that
to mysql/bin, ran it, et voila! a green stoplight.

2. Secondly I am befuddled by the fact that I can apparently load marc records
using the "from the reservoir" function with apparent success, can view the
MARC record, but *can not* pull up the item via a catalog search. (The same
is true for a couple of dummy patron records I entered).

Given that the processes do not prompt an error message (I take it that the
PERL scripts are working okay) I can only assume that something is wrong with the
connect to the database (sample228?). Do any of you old hands have a hint or two
as to where I should begin to debug this install? How can I verify that Koha is indeed
depositing data? Retrieving data?

Thanks!

- Bill