[Koha-zebra] indexing with File Record IDs, or General Record IDs ?

Sebastian Hammer quinn at indexdata.com
Wed Aug 10 16:20:37 CEST 2005

It's a two-step process.

First, you ensure that the appropriate field is indexed using a certain USE
attribute. You do this in the abs file in the usual way. Let's say you use
USE attr 12, local number, for this.

Second, you tell Zebra that for this setup, you want Bib-1 attribute
local-number to be the record ID. You could do this thusly (in zebra.cfg):

recordId: (bib1,local-number)

You can have multiple 'tokens' in the recordId setting to match on other
criteria as well, and I believe it is possible to have different keys for
different databases using the group setting feature.

The description of this setting is in
http://www.indexdata.dk/zebra/doc/generic-ids.tkl

Best regards,

--Sebastian