[Koha-zebra] indexing with File Record IDs, or General Record IDs ?

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Aug 11 18:02:33 CEST 2005

Sebastian Hammer a écrit :
> It's a two-step process.
>
> First, you ensure that the appropriate field is indexed using a certain
> USE attribute. You do this in the abs file in the usual way. Let's say
> you use USE attr 12, local number, for this.
>
> Second, you tell Zebra that for this setup, you want Bib-1 attribute
> local-number to be the record ID. You could do this thusly (in zebra.cfg):
>
> recordId: (bib1,local-number)
>
> You can have multiple 'tokens' in the recordId setting to match on other
> criteria as well, and I believe it is possible to have different keys
> for different databases using the group setting feature.
>
> The description of this setting is in
> http://www.indexdata.dk/zebra/doc/generic-ids.tkl

OK thanks, I think i've got it.

Just to inform you that in koha-cvs head, at this time we can :
* add/modify biblios and items using the new DB structure
* that updates zebra through a "system" call. (Yes I know, it's a little
cpu consumming ;-) )
* do a yaz-client search in the zebra DB and get whatever expected as
result.

What remains to be done :
- deletion (in Koha & in zebra)
- command line tools to update the database
- 1st search wrapper

--
Paul POULAIN