[Koha-zebra] [Fwd from koha-devel]: Worries about zebra

Thomas D koha at alinto.com
Thu Jul 7 18:09:42 CEST 2005

I hope Windows users would not be lost by the change to Zebra.

What possibilities would there be to upgrade their systems?

Nothing should prevent the client web browser from running on a Windows
system.  Data can always be backed up to a Windows system.

A Unix system might be installed at their site for actually running Koha.
It could be administered remotely if on site experience was lacking.

A Unix system might be hosted off site for actually running Koha.  It could
be administered at the off site location or remotely.

Certainly, there would be issues to be resolved but the advantage from Zebra
would be well worth the effort and is not being undertaken lightly.

It would, however, be nice if the Event module and other software could be
installed on a wider range of systems.  Apparently OSX is also problematic
for the event module.

Thomas D

Quoting Stephen Hedges <shedges at skemotah.com> :