[Koha-zebra] Koha Zebra Searching Report (from NPL)

Sebastian Hammer quinn at indexdata.com
Tue Mar 28 05:04:56 CEST 2006

Joshua Ferraro wrote:

>On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 08:28:26PM -0500, Sebastian Hammer wrote:
>

>>Why do you see yourelf limited to Bib-1? Within Koha, you can do
>>whatever you want -- specifically extend Bib-1 into the 8000-range
>>(IIRC) for local USE attributes or define a private set.
>>

>And how would we represent that in a CQL query?

A private index set? Mike is the CQL guru, so he might have a better
answer.. but you can create your own index set -- even ask the LoC to
list it, although you don't need to.

>>It isn't soundex, but it will behave somewhat the same in many cases.
>>Try searching with truncation=Regexp-2  (103). This enables
>>error-tolerant searching. By default, one error (insert/delete/replace)
>>per term will still lead to a match. More at
>>http://www.indexdata.com/zebra/doc/protocol-support.tkl#search
>>

>Same here ... not sure how to do that in CQL ... could you shed some
>light on that?

There's no standard way of representing this... in Zebra it's a
truncation attribute, not particularly standard.. what would be a good
way of representing something like that in CQL, Mike?

--Seb

--
Sebastian Hammer, Index Data
quinn at indexdata.com   www.indexdata.com