[Koha-zebra] Scan problem.

Mike Taylor mike at indexdata.com
Mon Oct 29 16:47:50 CET 2007

Henri-Damien LAURENT writes:
 > the latest question I found a workaround :
 >   my $scan= $conn->scan_pqf('@attr 1=21 @attr 6=3 @attr 5=102 @attr 8=1
 > "[A-z0-9]"');
 > That way, I can get all the publishers.

Hmm.  But if you start your scan from the just "a" that will yield the
same start-point.  Remember that the term in a scan "query" is not
searched for, just used as a start-point within the list of all
terms.  If you want to start from the very beginning, you should
probably use the empty search-term "", which sorts to the start.

 > >From perldoc ZOOM :
 >  number [default: 10]
 >            Indicates how many terms should be returned in the ScanSet.
 > The number actually returned may be less, if the start-point is near the
 > end of the index, but will not be greater.
 > I tried to set number to 100 this way
 >   $conn->option(preferredRecordSyntax => "usmarc",number=>100);
 >
 > And got only 10 results.
 > Am I doing wrong ?

For some reason, you can't set multiple options in a single call like
this: the second and subsequent are ignored.  Use:
   $conn->option(preferredRecordSyntax => "usmarc");
   $conn->option(number=>100);

 > Is there a way to order "scanned" term on hit count ?

Not that I know of.  If there is a way, it's Zebra-specific, and Adam
will be the one who knows about it.

 > >  > My last question would be : What if I want to get all the distinct
 > >  > values stored for authors. Can I get them via a scan ?
 > >  > something like scan_pqf("@attr 1=1 @attr 8=1 @attr 6=3") which would
 > >  > return all authors, complete subfields, for resultset 1, assuming names
 > >  > and surnames would be in the same subfield.
 > >
 > > That looks about right.  Adam can comment on this from a more informed
 > > perspective than I can.
 > >
 > This query was wrong because no search parameter. I corrected it.

And is it working?

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor    <mike at indexdata.com>    http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "Historically, Taunton is part of Minehead already" -- Monty
	 Python's Flying Circus.