[Koha-zebra] Cronjob of "rebuild_zebra.pl" doesn't work

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 9 18:24:02 CEST 2012

Greetings,

Actually, I was hoping that you would trigger a FULL reindex "-b -a -r -v"
in one window, and then an another watch the memory slowly disappear for a
period of time, like free -m -s 1. If your free memory drops below 30MB, you
likely have a memory problem. I noticed you have no swap. If you can turn it
on, you may wish to do so if your memory drops below 100MB free. I don't
think changing programs will solve the problem, but I could be wrong. Beyond
this, I don't know what to suggest.

Let's recap ideas:
1) Did you check all your file permissions?
2) Have you considered restarting the koha-zebra-daemon daily? If you read
my bizarre indexing journey, you'll note that I for some inexplicable reason
have to restart the koha-zebra-daemon after a FULL reindex. I have not had
to start it after an reindex every 5 minutes.
3) I don't think it would be the same problem for just the "-b -a -z -v".
Did you add the '-z' into your crontab entry?
4) Have you considered changing the reindex to every 5, 10, or 15 minutes?
If it restarts every minute, but it hasn't finished that means it is running
twice at the same time, perhaps more. That would be bad, and could
potentially mess indexes up. I know that running without the -z takes about
the same amount of time as a full reindex, so every minute is not good if
you have the wrong flags.

Sorry, I can't help more.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett