[Koha-zebra] yaz-client works but no dice from koha

Joel Cornuz jcornuz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 03:25:00 CET 2012

Hi there,

I am currently updating (a test server) from koha 3.0 to 3.6 and it is
proving an interesting challenge (had to recompile a custom perl to
match the 5.10 requirement).

Anyway, things are going pretty well apart for zebra which insists on
giving me a "no results found" no matter what.

Now for the fun bits:
1) I know the permissions are touchy so I made sure
that /var/run/koha/*, /var/lock/koha/* and /var/lib/koha/* all have the
same user / group as the one running zebrasrv (koha_user / koha_group)
2) I can connect and get a search result running yaz-client either as
root or as koha_user (or www, for that matter)
3) but no dice from Koha interface (opac or admin interface)

Has anyone an idea what is going on? By the way (and I really should
have started there) thanks for Koha, this is proving a great tool for a
small school and hopefully 3.6 even more.

Take care and thanks for your attention

Joel